Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nappy Cake





Ever heard of a Nappy Cake ?
Well I hadn't until I organized a baby shower for one of my friends.
 Here is my first attempt at one, and now I have to make another for my daughter who's due in November. (Yah I'm going to be a grandmother )


It's made funnily enough from, yes nappies, and lots of them, all rolled up and stacked together to make a cake shape.


The cake layers were wrapped with bunny rugs or muslin and three of the flowers on top were made from little lacy sock, the other flower was attached to a headband. 

The flowers on the ribbon were hair clips so everything  can be used in the future for her little girl.


Name tags were made in the shape of nappies and were also part of a prize giveaway. If you were the lucky one who at the end of the party had the dirty nappy you received a prize. 

Here is a link to where i got the template from
  http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/diaper-card.html



No comments:

Post a Comment